2/04/2011

My crepe birdies! - Artsy Craftsy Challenge - Feb 2011

My first attempt...
After a long long time, I am doing something fun with paper.
kutti "r" couldn't be a part of it cos he isn't old enough @ 3 months to join me in these fun projects. Nevertheless all these are for him to see :)

Materials - Used CD's , Colorful Crepe paper, glue stick, marker, double sided tape

Method - Cut the crepe paper into squares, fan fold them, arrange them as it pleases you on to the used Cd's. Use marker to draw eyes. Stick a double sided tape and use these stick ons anywhere you like.

Other options - Paper plates or old wedding invitations in place of CD's. Can also string these birdies together.

All these little birdies (duck, turkey, flamingo, penguin, chicken) are stuck on the window frame box for now.  kutti "r" enjoyed his view of the birds for a few seconds today and as usual got distracted searching for newer things to see...

We will soon leave for his other grandparents place and these birdies will fly with us. I am also making some animals to take with me to Blore...

I have kept it simple and easy for kids to work on. If kutti "r" picks an interest towards crafty things, this would be on my to do list with him. No scissors used. Folded the crepe paper and cut them with a visiting card. I understand scissors can be tempting for little ones :) Neither has my love for scissors ceased after all these years...

kutti "r" loves to see colors and anything that moves in front of his eyes. So thinking of making some valence using streamers and crepe paper tomorrow...

Thanks Shruti! This month's theme helped me come up with something for kutti "r" to see :) 

1 comment: