2/10/2011

Dreams of my grandma dearest!

Its not even a week since I left my parent's house and I am already missing my grandma dearest...From May 2010 until Feb 2011, there hasn't been a single day without our steamy arguments. She always has her own way of doing things and like every other grandma wants me to listen to her without asking the WHY question.
And like every granddaughter, I always protest at the controversial things she says which according to me doesn't fit in the modern day context.
Well, as I look back into the heated conversations now, I think that there must have been some reasoning in those yesteryears which were just not passed on to the generations. So its upto us to make assumptions...

A typical conversation between me and my grandma goes like this...ever since she moved in to our house to live with us....
Grandma - Do this
Me - Why should I do it?
Grandma - Because I said so
Me - No I wont do it.
Grandma - It is for your good. So do it
Me - Tell me why and I will think about doing it
Grandma - Who taught you to speak like that? In our days, whenever our moms and grandmothers told us, we would blindly obey. We never questioned WHY!!!!

And after that, the task gets done either because of the stern look that I get from my father who constantly reminds me to listen to what my grandma says respecting her age and experience or I storm off saying I wont do that...

I want to slowly recollect those discussions, open the room for discussion on what other readers think on what our grandmothers said...
I have never told my grandma that I miss what she did for me...Maybe its because I never got to interact with her like I did in the past few months...It's time to pick up the phone and tell her "I miss you paati..."



No comments:

Post a Comment