12/29/2010

Dreaming a better ME!

Motherhood has begun to have her effects on me...I am constantly dreaming of how better I can be...better than yesterday....better than today...tomorrow...

Dreaming aloud on all that I want to accomplish before I celebrate my 365 days of blogging...

Healthy dreams  - Workout at least 5 days a week - a combo of Yoga + walking, saying no to junk...stick on to a healthy eating plan just the way I did when I was pregnant...reach my target weight before year's end (height to weight chart reads 50kgs against my height)...

Literary dreams - Read a book a month...learn basic kannada...blog every week if not every night...learn Bharathiyar poems to read out to kutti "r"....a thirukural a week (of course with its meaning)....a fact a day (V is too good wrt History/Geography/Current affairs/Movies and what not...I keep telling him that he is my GPS and my Television...just my baby step to catch up with him...)

Artisitic dreams - Resume painting portraits...unleash the toy maker in me...take effort to document the creativity that gets out once in a while...Loved using the camera...never got to learn it seriously...Maybe I should...Take atleast 12 good shots of kutti "r" to frame up his 12 months of growth....(I have 1 good one already :) )

Travel dreams - Thanks to Architecture and trips with the family....Makes me want to take kutti "r" to places around.....trips to the park, gardens, zoo, aquarium and the vet in the dream on list...(yeah I want kutti "r" to see different dogs...hoping to have another one few years down the lane)...weekend trips and one long vacation this year...Most importantly practise driving in namma Bengaluru...(I so miss driving and my Prius :()

Culinary dreams - Cook a new dish fortnightly that makes V sweat for! I dare not dream beyond that for now!

Musical dreams - learn atleast 12 lullabies (native languages) to sing to kutti "r". Mom has been after me to learn lingashtakam, harivarasanam and a couple of other slokas. (will include them later)...Adding on to the dream on list for 2011!

Believe the blog will be a reminder of what I am dreaming of this 2011....every night before I go to bed...

Dreaming on....

2 comments:

  1. Swathi this is a beautiful blog. Very nice to read about another woman on the other side of the world. I especially like the background. Maybe we can trade recipes! Are there Priuses in India?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trade recipes - a good idea. And yes, the Prius was released this year...wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive! I had chosen the background you had before I picked this one. Blogspot needs to come up with more options...

    ReplyDelete